Everyone is forced to deal with a clogged drain at some point. It is a common, if not frustrating, plumbing issue that can occur anywhere in the system. Depending on the location, you may not know how severe a clog is. It can be difficult to determine when to hire a plumber in St. Paul.
You may be able to determine how severe the clog is on your own. Examine your drains and listen for strange noises emanating from your pipes. These may be indicators of where the clog originated. When you discover it, you will need to decide whether to call a plumber. The following data may help you make a decision.
When a Clog Requires a Professional Plumber
There are a number of factors that influence the severity of a plumbing clog. The information you have about a growing clog could lead a plumber from McDonough’s directly to its origin.
• Where is it located? The location of a clog in your plumbing is one of the most crucial aspects of a clog. The majority of your home’s pipes are located in inaccessible locations, such as behind walls and under floors. Some clogs may initially require specialized equipment to access.
• Does water move? If the pipes are still draining, you may be able to clear the obstruction by yourself. But if a fixture or appliance is completely clogged, it is generally safer to consult a licensed plumber.
• What caused the blockage? Some substances can cause greater damage to your plumbing. Simple organic waste, such as coffee grounds and hair, is unpleasant but typically simple to flush away by oneself. Other materials such as sewage can be considerably more complex (and maybe even risky). Care for these clogs will require additional steps and the expertise of an expert.
Where can clogs develop in my plumbing?
There are not many places in your plumbing where clogs cannot form. We rely on our plumbing for numerous tasks, including cleaning, cooking, and laundry. A clog can occur near the appliances and fixtures we use or within the pipes.
• Toilet Clogs: The toilet, sink, and shower may all become clogged. The cause of a clogged bathroom drain is typically hair. Taking care of a clogged sink drain, clogged tub drain, or clogged shower drain can be as simple as removing the hair that has accumulated. It’s quick, albeit a bit unpleasant. Occasionally, a hair-clogged drain can lead to a blockage deep within the pipe. In this situation, you may require professional assistance.
• Kitchen Clogs: The kitchen sink and dishwasher are the most frequent locations where clogs form. Is the drain in your kitchen clogged? Use the garbage disposal correctly to prevent food waste from accumulating. However, if the disposal itself is clogged, avoid touching it! The blades are dangerous.
• Laundry and Slippers Especially if lint traps aren’t working properly, the plumbing near the washing machine can become clogged. Other causes of washing machine clogs include laundry detergent and grease stains.
Clearing a Clogged Drain
If the problem is a simple clog, you may be able to handle it without professional assistance. Not all instances of clog removal require specialized equipment. In fact, sometimes the solution is as simple as obtaining a plunger. Here are a few DIY drain maintenance tips!
Mesh or mindfulness goes a great distance. Using mesh filters or other drain traps can prevent foreign materials from entering the plumbing system. Observe the items you bring to your kitchen or bathroom sink. If something can clog, attempt to safely break it up.
Understand what cannot be flushed. Baby wipes, cooking grease, and potato peels should not be flushed down the toilet. To preserve the integrity of your plumbing, dispose of them properly.
Always try your reliable plunger. Even if a leak appears severe, the plunger is a straightforward and effective tool. Try your plunger before calling for professional assistance.
Other home remedies can be beneficial. Did you know there is a home remedy for a clogged drain? You can try using baking soda and vinegar to unclog your drain. We do not recommend the use of store-bought liquid drain openers, as these toxic chemicals can cause pipe corrosion.
Have you tried these tips but still have an issue? Call us for prompt drain cleaning.
Call McDonough’s in St. Paul for Quick and Efficient Plumbers
It is important to everyone at McDonough’s to maintain the plumbing in your home. Our plumbers are dedicated to delivering the finest plumbing service in St. Paul. If you require dependable drain cleaning services, we have you covered.
We have the necessary equipment and training to complete the task successfully. For expert plumbing services, contact McDonough’s immediately. Contact the business for additional information or to schedule an appointment. Contact us today